Tuesday 13 September 2011

One-A-Day (2)


Hello all the One-A-Day people!

This past week went a bit slow - the preschool having had a huge Family Day, also had to finish knitting my little Bull Calf's 'monster'...but, managed to get a few rows done:


The colour looks a bit dull now in the photo, but brighter things are coming!

Also startes with my 2nd project (my sis, me and aunty collaborating on an African Flower blanket for aunty) and I nearly started pulling my hair out.  My AF just didn't look right! Things improved when I made R3 and 4 the same colour, but still - the holes looked to big, R2 didn't feel right...


...so I 'll change the 2DC in R2 to 2DB a la Attic 24's Summer Garden, And I'll get rid of the Elle Marco stash that I'm actually trying to finish...doesn't work very well.  Hope to have more joy by next week with these flowers!

(This One-A-Day is veeeery good for one's productivity :-)

Later: Just look at the difference a differet yarn makes...
out with the Elle Marco, in with the Elle Pure Gold!



(This was a quick upload from Facebook, hence the small photo, still residing on my mobile)

12 comments:

Carole said...

I love the ripple and I hope you figure out the African Flower too x

Unknown said...

I agree, without this Challenge I wouldn't make much progress on my shawl!

Suzanne said...

To bad your not pleased with your african flowers :-(. The ripple is looking very good already though!

Barbina said...

I love your ripple blanket, can´t wait to see it finished!
Lots of love! Barbina

HillyT said...

Those african flowers are a little tricky at first, but stunning when completed. the ripple looks like it's making great progress.

* said...

The ripple is looking great and I like your african flowers too, it is always time well spent when you fiddle with the pattern to get things right at the beginning.

Deb Hickman said...

I love your ripple blanket,fab colours, I have two blankets on the go but my next one will be the ripple. What a difference the new yarn has made with you'd AF,they look great. Deb xxxx

Stefanie said...

The ripple's got great colors there.
I'm sure you'll figure out what to do for the African flower project. All about experimenting and trial and error. Can't wait to see what you come up w/.

Rainy Day Crafter said...

I love the ripple and the colours you're using! And that different yarn has made a huge difference to your African flowers hasn't it? They're looking really lovely!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

The ripple looks great and the second set of flowers look so cute

karisma said...

The ripple is looking good and I am amazed at the difference in the yarns for your flowers. Now you have me wondering if maybe I should start all over with mine. Hmmmmm

Gerlene said...

I. Can't. Wait. To. Start. My. Ripple. Blanket. So beautiful. I still have to finish 6 pegs bags first and do about 40 more AF before I'll buy yarn for mine. Lovely sister.