Tuesday 17 July 2012

One-A-Day...Towards a baby blanket



Hi fellow One-A-Dayers!

I decided to give you a photo-log of my progress this week on a baby blanket for a friend:


Testing the pattern - which one shall I use?

Getting colours together

I'm using Vinni's - a local yarn.  You'll see that the textures differ: the smooth, duller yarn is Nikkim, a 100% cotton.  The glossy one is Serina - organic bamboo, and the lumpy one is Bambi, a bamboo/cotton mix.  Lovely to work with!


Day 1 - First Square is done!


Day 2 - Hooking the next 4


Day 3 - Four Circles to be Squared


Day 4 - The centre of the blanket!


Day 5 - Filling in the four gaps

And this is how far I've come.  I'll only do bits and pieces this week, as school started and we're all getting into the routine.  

f you would like to participate in One-a-Day, please link your project in the Tuesday's Tallies at Carole's blog, Gingerbread Girl.

13 comments:

Candace said...

Love the colours you are using. Great progress made x

Wool Diaries said...

That is going to be such a beautiful blanket and a blanket that will be treasured.

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Loving the gorgeous colours you're using!
Victoria xx

stitchin' girl said...

I love your colors and the square pattern that you chose! I too have to work in little snippets of time between other activities and chores :o)

Mlissabeth said...

I like the pattern you are using. Where did it come from?

Stel said...

It's Squaring the Big Circle from Signed with an Owl :-)

Carole said...

Oh I love this pattern and your colours are gorgeous.

Nicole said...

Oh yeah your different shades look great together! I love the circle > square pattern, it's nice and different :)

Prettee Craftee said...

That's going to be an amazing blanket! Thanks so much for your kind words. I have all your goodies together and will pop in the post tomorrow.
Celeste x

Kashi Griffith said...

Looks great!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous colours and I love the pattern. Deb xxx

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Lovely lovely lovely! I am so temped to get hooking a blanket you know!!!!

Barbina said...

I love that pattern, this is going to be a really beautiful blanket. Your colours are so pretty, especially those from the first picture!
Have a great day! xxxBarbina