Friday 20 June 2014

Crochet with a View


Now and then you'll see a photo that makes wish you took it.

As when Ons Hekel-member Wendy Erasmus-Koutlis posted this:
(have a look at her website)

How to offset bright colours against a glorious landscape


She lives in the eastern Free State, with some of the most spectacular scenery in the country.
She hooks beautiful blankets. 


How to show off a blanket


Even directed away from the mountains, the Free State farmscape is stunning. 


How to glam up an old barb-wire fence


Suburban Pretoria, with only the tiniest hint of the Magaliesberg outside my bedroom window just doesn't compare. 

All I could do was to hook a hastily-done beanie to an equally rusted fence during our hunting trip last weekend...with a smile and a wink to Wendy ;-)

Uhm...at least it's picking up the green :-)

Love your outdoor photos, Wendy.  Keep on hooking, keep them coming!

9 comments:

Happy in red said...

Oooh, that's what I did wrong. I didn't take my crochet with me to Zuid-Afrika. How silly of me ;-)

Stel said...

Tsk, tsk :-)
Imagine the shots you could have taken from Sani Top, or Table Mountain, or or or...

Annie Cholewa said...

You're right, that landscape really is the most glorious backdrop against which to photograph one's knitting or crochet. I'm thinking that maybe I should start heading for the Welsh hills to photograph mine!

Jodiebodie said...

You have such a beautiful and spectacular countryside. I love the wide spaces and big sky and the hills that seem to roll on forever into the distance.
Now you have whet my appetite, I need to visit your friend's blog. Thanks for more scenes from your land.

Stel said...

Now that would be beautiful!

Stel said...

"Ah,but your land is beautiful" (it's a book! But not a happy one).

Stel said...

Our Tourism board used the slogan "The world in one country" a few years ago - in terms of land type end vegetqation we really have it all. From sandy desert to subtropical rainforest, grassy plains to rocky highland, rock beaches white beaches golden beaches. But I was as enchanted with the changes in landscape on a road trip from Brisbane to Sydney - it was beautiful

Annette - MyRoseValley said...

Gorgeous pictures. My fave is the one with the wind mill. WHat a glorious stripy blanket!!! Thanks for sharing dear.
Xxx
Annette

Haafner said...

Oh wow - what an explosion of colours! Thanks for sharing!